CurlyCoilyTresses was created in early 2015 by our Founder after years of struggling with allergies – including fragrance allergies – and wasting time and money on poorly formulated, ineffective and chemically-laden hair products. Her constant struggle led her to dub her hair as her frenemy. She spent years – thousands of hours – researching, developing, testing and improving her formulas. CurlyCoilyTresses’ R&D team left no rock unturned in their pursuit of all things wonderful for hair. CurlyCoilyTresses isn’t just a short-term phenomenon. It’s quickly becoming a cult favorite!
At CurlyCoilyTresses, we create products that help soothe scalps and moisturize and hydrate hair. We've helped hundreds just like you:
- Lengthen and strengthen their hair,
- Soften, moisturize and hydrate their hair, and
- Improve the overall appearance of their hair.
We’ve spent years researching the latest hair care techniques, ingredients, and cutting-edge formulas. We started in this business in early 2015 when our Founder, Angela, started to experience the very same hair issues you complain about.
CurlyCoilyTresses are well-received formulas that are guaranteed to provide satisfaction. When you invest in CurlyCoilyTresses you can expect:
- To be complimented constantly because your hair is absolutely gorgeous,
- To enhance your confidence so that you can put your best face forward while accomplishing your dreams (cliche, but true), and
- To stop feeling self-conscious as a result of bad hair days.
Here's what we're known for:
- High-performance products
- Clean, minimal-ingredient, carefully-curated formulations
- Fragrance, scent and masking agent free products
- Cruelty-free, ageless and genderless formulations
- Use of organic, minimally-processed oils and butters
- Satisfaction guarantee
Crafting high-performance products with clean formulations that are fragrance free and safe for long-term use.
We are crafting a leading, high-performing, cutting-edge, global beauty brand already exceeding US legislative requirements. We are actively banning ingredients we feel harmful, constantly learning and evolving our methodologies, sourcing our ingredients responsibly, and being transparent to our customers. We want you to know why we use the ingredients we use -- and why we avoid the ingredients we avoid.
Our formulations differ as we avoid toxic ingredients associated with health issues like skin allergies, birth defects, reproductive issues, hormonal distribution, cancer, and learning challenges. Ingredients we avoid include:
- Fragrances, scents and masking agents - common cause of allergic reactions, considered 'trade secrets', not required to be disclosed
- Benzalkonium chloride - disinfectant and harsh preservative
- DMDM hydantoin and urea (imidazolidinyl) - harsh preservatives
- Parabens (methyl, butyl, ethyl, propyl) - harsh preservatives
- Methylisothiazolinone and methylchloroisothiazolinone - harsh preservatives
- Formaldehyde - harsh preservative
- Mineral oil - petroleum by-product
- Phthalates (DBP, DEHP, DEP, DMP) - chemicals used to make products more pliable
- Triclosan and triclocarban - synthetic antibacterial agents
- 1,4-Dioxane - ethoxylation by-product
- Aluminum - toxic metal
- Ethanolamines (DEA, MEA, TEA, ETA) - surfactants and pH adjusters
- Ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid (EDTA) - binding agent to enhance stability
- Hydroquinone - skin-lightening agent
- Polyethylene glycol (PEG) - thickeners, solvents, softeners and carriers of moisture
- Sodium lauryl sulfate and sodium laureth sulfate (SLS, SLES) - surfactants that can trigger allergies and irritations