Mission and Vision
CurlyCoilyTresses™️ was created in early 2015 by our Founder after years of struggling with allergies – including fragrance allergies – and wasting time and money on poorly formulated, ineffective and chemically-laden hair products. Her constant struggle led her to dub her hair as her frenemy. She spent years – thousands of hours – researching, developing, testing and improving her formulas. CurlyCoilyTresses™️’ R&D team left no rock unturned in their pursuit of all things wonderful for hair. CurlyCoilyTresses™️ isn’t just a short term phenomenon. It’s the long term game changer you've been looking for!
At CurlyCoilyTresses™️, we create products that help soothe scalps and moisturize and hydrate hair. We've helped hundreds just like you:
- Lengthen and strengthen their hair,
- Soften, moisturize and hydrate their hair, and
- Improve the overall appearance of their hair.
We’ve spent years researching the latest hair care techniques, ingredients, and cutting-edge formulas. We started in this business in early 2015 when our Creator and CEO, Angela, started to experience the very same hair issues you complain about.
CurlyCoilyTresses™️ are well-received formulas that are guaranteed to provide satisfaction. When you invest in CurlyCoilyTresses™️ you can expect:
- To be complimented constantly because your hair is absolutely gorgeous,
- To enhance your confidence so that you can put your best face forward while accomplishing your dreams (cliche, but true), and
- To stop feeling self-conscious as a result of bad hair days.
Crafting moisturizing, hydrating and strengthening products with clean, carefully-curated, minimal-ingredient formulations that are fragrance, scent and masking agent free, cruelty free, safe for long-term use, safe for the chemically-sensitive, ageless and genderless while using organic, minimally-processed oils and butters and offering a satisfaction guarantee.
We are crafting a leading, high-performing, cutting-edge, global beauty brand already exceeding U.S. legislative requirements. We actively ban ingredients we feel harmful, constantly learn and evolve our methodologies, source our ingredients responsibly, and are transparent to our customers. We want you to know why we use the ingredients we use -- and why we avoid the ingredients we avoid.
Clean formulations embrace both "natural" and person-made ingredients, putting focus on safety over source. Not all "natural" ingredients are safe (i.e., lead, tobacco, water hemlock or poison ivy) and not all synthetic ingredients are unsafe. CurlyCoilyTresses™️ creates non-toxic formulations that are made without a long, ever-evolving list of ingredients linked to harmful effects such as skin irritations, birth defects, reproductive issues, hormone disruption, cancer, and learning challenges. Ingredients we avoid include:
- Fragrances, scents and masking agents - common cause of allergic reactions, considered 'trade secrets', not required to be disclosed
- Benzalkonium chloride - disinfectant and harsh preservative
- DMDM hydantoin and urea (imidazolidinyl) - harsh preservatives
- Parabens (methyl, butyl, ethyl, propyl) - harsh preservatives
- Methylisothiazolinone and methylchloroisothiazolinone - harsh preservatives
- Formaldehyde - harsh preservative
- Mineral oil - petroleum by-product
- Phthalates (DBP, DEHP, DEP, DMP) - chemicals used to make products more pliable
- Triclosan and triclocarban - synthetic antibacterial agents
- 1,4-Dioxane - ethoxylation by-product
- Aluminum - toxic metal
- Ethanolamines (DEA, MEA, TEA, ETA) - surfactants and pH adjusters
- Ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid (EDTA) - binding agent to enhance stability
- Hydroquinone - skin-lightening agent
- Propylene glycol - synthetic liquid that absorbs water, used to make antifreeze
- Butylated hydroxytoluene (BHT) - potent, synthetic antioxidant preservative
- B(BHA) - potent, synthetic antioxidant preservative
- Polyethylene glycols (PEGs) - thickeners, solvents, softeners and carriers of moisture
- Silicones (non-water soluble) - over the long term will harm hair health through product build-up
- Sodium lauryl sulfate and sodium laureth sulfate (SLS, SLES) - surfactants that can trigger allergies and irritations